Dr. Shalini Kapoor Kad
March 31, 2011
A homoeopathic paediatrician, a counselling expert and a freelance writer are a few words to describe my profession. My sole aim is to put forth practical piece of information that guides every one right in the direction, blending the medicos to a layman with a simple gesture to make the medical things a little less convoluted and comprehendible.
Are you wondering to find the best and healthy green leafs to cook? Spinach is one of the best green substances to prevent several types of disease. Spinach contains numerous minerals, vitamins and other nutrition that give all substantial factors to the human body to keep healthy. It is a nutritional powerhouse containing vitamin C, carotenoids, and fiber. There are 13 specific flavonoid compounds available in spinach that forms antioxidants which fight against cancer. There are several healthy benefits of spinach:
- Vitamins A and C including folic acid, fiber and magnesium in spinach prevents and control cancer, especially lung, colon and breast cancer. It prevents the chances of heart attack in human body by reducing the cholesterol and other fat deposits in human blood cells.
- The folate compound of spinach prevents arteriosclerosis by lowering the blood cells named homocysteine.
- It helps to cure diabetic problem by eating spinach daily. It is one of the best healthy benefits of spinach. The magnesium in spinach keeps the blood sugar level regulated properly.
- It prevents ageing problems and age related memory loss too. All the antioxidants, lutein and other minerals of spinach make it the best eatable that prevents wrinkles and other ageing problems on your skin.
- Since it is the source of vitamin K, it assists in the formation of blood clots in your body at the time of emergency.
- Spinach is also a vital source of calcium that strengthens teeth and bones and prevents osteoporosis problem in later stage of life.
- It strengthens the eyesight of the human being as it is the best source of Vitamin A.
- It boosts the immune system and cures ulcers. It has been found that spinach has the ability to protect mucous membrane of the stomach thereby reducing the occurrence of ulcers.
- It prevents cataracts. The zeaxanthin and lutein in spinach prevents eyes from the harsh effects of UV rays that lead to cataract.
- It lessens cholesterol level in the human body. Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Vitamin E are the compounds in spinach that lessen the cholesterol level in human body.
- It is the best source to get power and energy.
- Spinach has 40% extra fiber as compared to other lettuces, which means it, is the best source of losing weight. You can add spinach in your diet chart for losing weight and stop putting it on.
- Spinach is rich in protein which is vital for the development of child and infant in proper and healthy manner.
- Its folate compound is also very useful for pregnant females as it assist fetal brain development and lessens the chances of any defects of cleft palate and spina bifida.
These are some of the healthy benefits of spinach that definitely keep one healthy, stronger, and sharper. And for sure compel one to make it a regular ingredient within the diet. Thoroughly washed spinach leave prepared intelligently on weekly basis can sure do the trick and keep one away from odds.