Dr. Shalini Kapoor Kad
March 6, 2010
A homoeopathic paediatrician, a counselling expert and a freelance writer are a few words to describe my profession. My sole aim is to put forth practical piece of information that guides every one right in the direction, blending the medicos to a layman with a simple gesture to make the medical things a little less convoluted and comprehendible.
Strawberry for its natural red tone and appealing look is the food for a rocking sex life. Chocolates, strawberry and a couple make an impeccable combination. Apart from just being beautiful, the fruit has a lot more to add on its nutritional value and significance. It is a daily consumption of almost all homes and if taken regularly can help combat many diseases and irregularities. The following is a glimpse to scroll the healthy benefits attached to this little red berry.
- Skin cleanser: with the ability to remove harmful toxins from blood circulation, strawberries have proved to be an efficacious cleansing agent. Sometimes there may be initial eruptions but later with the purifying effects a flawless complexion sets in.
- Improves digestion: the mineral content of the fruit stimulates on the sedentary working of liver and the digestive system. It is effective in cases of constipation.
- Relieves joint pains: the juicy berry has shown mark able improvement in cases of pains caused by rheumatism and gout.
- Checks hypertension: high blood pressure, one of the most common lifestyle disorders is acclaimed to be checked with strawberry administration. The high potassium and magnesium content of the fruit attribute in the direction and controls the hypertensive aftermaths.
- Strawberries and pregnancy: the fruit acts as a natural rich source of folic acid and its consumption before and during prevents / minimizes any chances of foetal brain defects. Its folic acid content is approximately 100 times as that in apples, which makes it a perfect fruit for all those eves who desire to conceive in recent future.
- Enhances sexual activities: with the higher zinc content the fruit is found to be an effective tool during sex enacting as a natural Viagra. Many studies worldwide have been conducted on the subject to verify and prove the above
- Strengthens gums and teeth: strawberries if consumed regularly remove the teeth tartar and also aids healing of gums. Bad breath is another one grounds to be resolved with the fruit.
- Reduces the risk of developing cancer: higher anti oxidant content such as anthocyanins, reduce the cellular damage caused by free radicals. A daily intake of strawberries is seen to have remarkably brought down the growth of cancerous cells.
- Prevents macular degeneration: macular degeneration is one of the commonest causes of loss of vision and studies have proved its direct link to the dietary consumption of fruits. Strawberries rich in vitamins and anti oxidants such as Flavonoids, Phenolic Phytochemicals and Elagic Acid prevent and preserve sight. A daily serving to be included in the breakfast can do the trick. A hassle free tactic that can be well adapted by all. Another area concerned is the potassium level of the fruit that help maintain ocular pressure ( the pressure of the fluid inside the eye ball to be maintained at all times for a perfect vision)
- Combat depression
- Heart diseases: strawberries with high folic acid, fibre and anti oxidants with no fats to add on are a perfect blend for heart helping reduce cholesterol levels.
- Enhances brain function: the iodine rich fruit imparts a smooth functioning of the nervous and brain mechanism.