Dr. Shalini Kapoor Kad
Dec. 29, 2010
A homoeopathic paediatrician, a counselling expert and a freelance writer are a few words to describe my profession. My sole aim is to put forth practical piece of information that guides every one right in the direction, blending the medicos to a layman with a simple gesture to make the medical things a little less convoluted and comprehendible.
Sunbathing is quite a culture in the western part of the world; people in the European countries crave for sunshine as it is not very common and precious to them for obvious reasons. Whereas in the eastern part with plenty to account for people just avoid the sun exposure with troubles like tanning and skin problems to ponder. With studies conducted worldwide it is an established fact that sunshine is one natural source of vitamin D very much essential for stronger bones.
A class five student does know and literally crams the benefits but as he / she get old the beauty concerns hover and they completely give up the natural abundance. Recent researches conducted worldwide have revealed a majority of population deficient in vitamin D and suffering aching aftermaths.
Benefits of vitamin D
- Vitamin D is very much required by our biology; it helps bones absorb calcium in circulation and works to build a stronger bony infrastructure. Simply Calcium alone is of no use, an adequate level of vitamin D and calcium are necessary to strike the required balance. Prevents osteoporosis.
- It assists the digestion process too. Nutrition experts all over the world have proved the sunshine worth and do recommend exposure over medicinal pharmaceutical preparations
- It shields from various cancers namely colon, breast and prostate.
- Also improves vision
- Boosts energy levels in general
- Enhances immunity
- Eases off joint pain with natural warmth. The infrared rays in the sunshine penetrate through skin and aid the required warm palliation to the joint pain sufferer.
- Helps people suffering kidney stones
- White patchy skin has shown to reverse with regular sunshine.
- It aids the body prepare everything naturally and with the desired route.
Can diet substitute exposure?
As discussed above as well diet can’t make up for the lost on own, it needs natural vitamin D in form of sunshine to conduct thereafter. Within the population taking calcium supplements and foods rich in calcium like bananas, milk is quite prevalence but these can never fetch the desired all by themselves. The calcium needs Vitamin D to be intricate well.
Many suffering osteoporosis i.e. low bone density leading to early fractures and weak bones have reported lesser Vitamin D with adequate and even high levels of calcium in circulation.
Lack of vitamin D
Lesser vitamin D with weak bones can also open gateways for serious issues like osteomalacia characterised by curving of leg bones. The condition is troublesome leaving one asking for desperate help.
So just take out sometime to expose and the early morning hours are considered the best to do so. When natures has given us all the equipment then why rely on mankind for supplements. Take a step forward and drain all the health benefits of sun to keep all the hassles away and low one thing down from your worry list.
Sun shines for you regularly make the most of it and let it work to gift you health.